Tuesday, May 25, 2010

What is the best way to prevent birth stretch marks before it forms. Thanks.?


Answer:
I heard that you should use a cream with cocoa butter in it. That's what I am going to do when I get pregnant. Or maybe a stretch mark cream. Anyway, just smooth it on whnever youa re sittin down and morning and night. That should halp. Also, try as hard as you can not to gain weight really fast. That's where the marks come from. Don't eat yousrelf full and don't be afraid for the baby if you're hungry. It's god to be hungry before you eat. That's the body's way of telling you it's time to eat.
easy one this
dont get pregant
lololol
Stretch marks are an individual thing, your skin type, heredity etc.
However; a few things to remember, do not take hot baths (it reduces the elasticity in your skin).
Cocoa butter may not be scientifically proven, but it can't hurt.
Don't anticipate getting large by eating a great amount, this will cause rapid weight gain in a short amount of time (skin cannot keep up).
Good Luck!
I have had four children and never got a stretch mark with any, even though I gained 60 - 80 lbs. with each pregnancy. (before the "no more than 20 lb." people scream, I started each one very skinny and my doctor said, "maybe you'll keep some of the weight after, so it's ok".) I didn't, within a month of each birth I was back to my normal weight of 119, because apparently lots of my weight gain was fluids.

Anyway, even before I became pregnant, I developed the habit of rubbing my whole body with Jergen's body lotion after every bath or shower 'cause I liked the way it made my skin feel. I had never even heard of stretch marks until after my second child when I saw a woman in the hospital with horrible ones, she looked like a zebra, and I thought it was some sort of skin condition.

I hadn't done anything but follow my usual practice of slathering on body lotion everyday, but apparently that's what saved me from this disfigurement. So, everyday, rub body lotion all over yourself, especially, obviously, your abdomen and thighs and fanny and you'll be fine.

Now I think lots of people use some lotion with cocoa butter, but I think any good thick body lotion will work, as long as you do it regularly and often and use a lot. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment