Tuesday, May 25, 2010

What is the effect on alcohol on birth control pills?

ok , im not a drunk. but im taking birth control pill and sometimes i like to drink a little wine. im talking about less than half a glass when i eat pasta with my parents. im 19 and i dont drink beer or any hard liquor just wine. so does that affect the effectiness of yasmin birth cotnrol. i heard about antibiotics but nothing on wine so .help me so that i dont do it anymore...thank you so much!!
Answer:
Alcohol shouldn't affect the pill. I have been on it for years and drink every now and then (beer, wine and hard alcohol) and I am fine. Prescriptions are definitely an issue though.
Alcohol does nothing to birth control pills.keep on drinking the wine!
I'm on a different birth control, Loestrin24, but my obgyn said alcohol normally does not decrease the effectiveness of the pill.
Some women who drink forget to take their pills. This can be very detrimental to their wellbeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment