Saturday, October 31, 2009

What is the best thing to do for Postpartum Depression without filling up on Anti depressant drugs?


Answer:
Well depression always seems worse when your alone...you feel lonely, empty, isolated and you end up having way too much time to think. Try surrounding yourself with people you care about, people you are happy to see like good friends and family. If this isnt possible sometimes just talking on the phone with them can help change your mind. Also try to make plans for yourself in advance : like tell yourself tomorrow im going to take a walk, then I will have dinner, maybe give my friend a call...having a simple itinerary for yourself can keep you busy enough so you wont always think about how your feeling. Also try to plan little activities for yourself such as renting a movie and finally treat yourself to something nice..buy yourself a little something, after all you deserve it.
Hope this helps a little
A cure for postpartum depression is to just live and do things to improve your life. Medicine often has side effects that make everything worse. Try new things, go new places, go on vacation, talk to friends. You have to make things better for yourself. Counseling could help also. Never hurts to talk but action kicks butt.
I kept a journal of my emotions. I also talked to other mums in the new mothers group (find one in your area, believe me it is well worth it. Don't be shy). Exercise. I was not on any type of drugs, but looking back now I know I had the symptoms. Best of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment